Flinders Foundation is committed to protecting your privacy and we are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012.
1.0 ABOUT THIS POLICY
This policy sets out how Flinders Foundation handles (collect, use, store and disclose) personal information in accordance with the National Privacy Principles under the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy law) and the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012.
2.0 COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
2.1 Purpose of collecting personal information
Flinders Foundation collects personal information for the purpose of carrying out its functions as a fundraising organisation, employer, and other associated functions. These purposes may include:
- Support services
- Health promotion
- Volunteering and other support
2.2 Type of personal information collected
The types of personal information collected may include:
- contact information, phone, email address, phone number, mobile phone number
- demographic information, name, address, your date of birth, gender
- your donation and payment details
- where relevant, your employer details (for example if you participate in workplace giving)
- a history of your transactions, correspondences and interactions with Flinders Foundation
- if relevant, details about your personal interests
Where it is practicable, you will be given an option to exercise anonymity or use a pseudonym when disclosing information.
You always have the right to request us to remove your details from our database or reduce the volume of correspondence you receive from us.
2.3 How we collect information
There are a number of ways we may collect personal information. These may include (subject to the Australian Privacy Principles):
- directly from you when you provide information by phone, in person, via our website
- from our own records of your transactions and interaction with Flinders Foundation
- from publicly available sources of information
- from third parties who organise fundraising activities on our behalf
- from a third party known to you who makes a donation and nominates you as the recipient of communication regarding that donation
- in forms filled out either online or in hard copy
- face to face or when you speak with us directly
- via email
- via online surveys
- via social media messages or conversations
- in voice or image recordings
2.4 Collecting sensitive information
As part of administering services to you, we may collect health information and other sensitive information. For example, we may collect medical history information from you, if you are participating in a research study or health initiative. Sensitive information includes the following type of information: racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; membership of a political association; religious beliefs or associations; philosophical beliefs; memberships; sexual orientation; genetic information. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all sensitive information we collecr is in accordance with the APPs.
2.5 Collecting information from third parties
Flinders Foundation may on occasions collect information about you from a third party. When we do so, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that we make you aware of the collection of your information in accordance with Australian Privacy Law.
2.6 Cookies / collecting information from websites
When you use our website, we may collect personal information from you automatically through cookies including: your IP address and or domain name, your operating system (type of browser and platform), and the date, time and length of your visit to the website.
Flinders Foundation may also collect information about how you use its websites to help us personalise our products and services to you. We use Google Analytics to inform us of how visitors use our site based on your browsing habits, so that we can improve our site to make it easier for you to find the information you are seeking. These features use first-party and third-party cookies to inform and optimise content based on your past visits to our site. Google Analytics does not identify individual users.
Flinders Foundation websites may contain links to other external websites. Flinders Foundation is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of websites that it may link to and, cookies or other tracking devices that are used on linked websites.
3.0 USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Flinders Foundation won’t disclose your personal information to other organisations except in order to carry out its business purposes. At no time, will your information be sold, ‘spammed’, or rented to another organisation without your permission. Flinders Foundation will only use/disclose the information provided for the purpose(s) for which it was collected.
Personal information collected, may be used and disclosed to support the core business objections of Flinders Foundation, including:
- External support services: to health care professionals, lawyers, other professionals, counsellors, funders, financiers, co-ordinators, volunteers, service providers, agencies and not-for-profits that provide support services to Flinders Foundation.
- Health providers / researchers to conduct research studies into the causes of various disease and illnesses, as well as diagnosis, treatment and cures.
- Third parties for marketing purposes: we may provide your contact details to other charitable organisations to contact you with information that may be of interest to you.
- Contractors and service providerswho perform services on our behalf, such as mailing houses, printers, information technology services providers, database contractors and telemarketing agencies.
We care for, and value the security of your personal information. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure all third party service providers we use are contractually bound to comply and adhere with privacy requirements under relevant legislation.
At any time you can notify Flinders Founation to be removed form mailing and distribution lists (‘opt-out’) and your decision will be respected by Flinders Foundation.
3.2 Overseas use and disclosure
Flinders Foundation may from time to time utilise data hosting facilities or enter into contractual arrangements with third party service providers to assist Flinders Foundation with providing our goods and services. As a result, personal information provided to Flinders Foundation may be disclosed to, and stored at destinations outside Australia, including but not limited to, New Zealand, Netherlands, China, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Ireland, Canada, United States of America and the United Kingdom.
Personal information may also be processed by staff or by other third parties operating outside Australia who work for us or for one of our suppliers, agents and/or partners.
Prior to disclosing personal information to third party service providers operating outside Australia, Flinders Foundation takes reasonable steps (in those circumstances) to ensure that the overseas recipient will handle that information in a way that does not breach the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
4.1 Storage and security of personal information
Flinders Foundation will take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you (whether electronic or in hard copy), and to keep this information accurate and up to date. This includes complying with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, which covers security of payment card information.
Your personal information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. We require our employees and data processors to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us and that they abide by our confidentiality policy and procedures.
5.0 ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
5.2 Correction of personal information
Flinders Foundation will take such steps that are reasonable (if any) to ensure that personal information it holds, having regard to the purpose for which the information is held, is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. Flinders Foundation will take reasonable steps to correct the information if it is inaccurate, out-of-date, irrelevant, incomplete or misleading. Individuals / organisations may apply to Flinders Foundation to access and correct any personal information held by Flinders Foundation.
All requests for access or correction are to be directed to Flinders Foundation office whose contact details are set out below. If we refuse to give you access or correct your personal information, we will inform you in writing of the reasons for refusal in compliance with the APPs.
7.0 CONTACTING US
BEDFORD PARK SA 5042
PHONE (08) 8204 5216